LOCATIONS: Plainsboro, NJ, and St. Louis, MO
CompassMSP has been providing high‐quality technology solutions designed to solve complex business issues since 2002. We offer a full range of secure IT services including managed IT, cyber security, data center, and hosting services. We are well positioned for significant growth in the coming years, and currently, have an opening for a Talented and Friendly Network Engineer I.
CompassMSP is looking to add a great consultant to our growing family. This position is for a technology consultant to support the network, applications, and users for managed clients. An ideal candidate will have real world experience providing direct support to businesses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct end user support for client issues by troubleshooting and applying knowledge via helpdesk calls, service board tickets and email requests
- Perform maintenance, installations, and upgrades to clients’ local, wide, wired and wireless area computer Install and test network servers, operating system software, routers, switches, email accounts, set up laptops/desktops, and migrate clients into the cloud and other related network components/equipment
- Perform network monitoring diagnostics, proactive and preventative maintenance to ensure that network systems are operational and running at peak performance
- Maintain proper documentation of systems, licensing, applications, and network topology for
- Record and document work completed and in‐progress; assist in updating network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations,
- Travel to and from clients work sites with personal vehicle
- After hours support rotation
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for day‐to‐day activities
- Maintain an up‐to‐date knowledge of rapidly changing computer network
- VMware and Veeam Administration
- Perform network management activities to include, but not limited to
- Active Directory
- Domain Name Server (DNS) services
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Disk space allocation
- Wireless access privileges
- Network performance monitoring systems
- Support, and troubleshoot network connectivity
- Troubleshoot network connectivity including at switch and firewalls
- Microsoft SharePoint access and permissions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1‐3 years of strategic IT engineering experience.
- Solid hands‐on experience in a client environment
- Can participate in on call and after‐hours support
- Can write clear and concise documentation of what you did during a repair or implementation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized and can manage yourself with minimal oversight
- Have reliable transportation, as you will be going onsite for client repairs and implementations
The individual must possess the willingness to continually gain knowledge of new technology and use cases.
Must be fluent in English, possess knowledge of technical terms in the information technology industry, and be able to communicate professionally, clearly and concisely with a diverse group of people who may not know technical terms.
Must be able to perform basic and algebraic functions by hand and have a grasp of how those functions may be performed on a computer.
Must be able to analyze a problem and troubleshoot to find resolution in a quick and systematic manner.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Microsoft; VMware VSP
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Normal requirements are the ability to sit at a desk, use a computer and be familiar with the inner workings of all departments. Strenuous physical exertion will be limited, provided the employee possesses the ability to perform such a task. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.