- Plainsboro, NJ
- St. Louis, MO
CompassMSP is a leading provider of enterprise-quality managed services for the SMB market. We offer comprehensive on-premises and cloud solutions ranging from managed IT and managed VOIP and software development. Our IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) solutions enable us to become the client’s IT partner providing powerful, secure and cost-effective IT infrastructures, operations and services to help them grow their business. Our team of proven leaders and technical experts in managed IT, combined with our focus on operational excellence, has provided us with a reputation for world-class customer service, long-lasting client relationships and numerous industry awards and recognition. This comprehensive approach ensures clients can focus on their core business while we operate and optimize their IT in lock-step with them.
This position is responsible for the leading the regions delivery operation by successfully managing service events, incidents, requests, and projects to closure. This position ensures outstanding customer service delivery, and that all service delivery objectives are met within the region.
The Service Manager directly manages a team of dispatch, service desk, engineer and project managers who provide technical services to our clients. Responsibilities include: Developing the service team, as well as managing the overall performance of the team. You will also be responsible for providing leadership, dealing (effectively managing customer service) with customer service issues and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction; achieving goals, maintaining SLA’s, managing a budget, and dealing with overall operational issues that affect service.
- Determine staffing requirements for the service delivery team
- Recruit and interview new service delivery staff and make hiring decisions with Regional VP
- Developing employees with appropriate skills, promote teamwork, and foster open and effective communications.
- Monitor staff performance including performance reviews
- Set service delivery staffs goals and objectives
- Manage the service delivery team’s daily activities to ensure achievement of delivery SLAs and
- Active role in daily management of all services calls including scheduling, escalations, and client satisfaction
Successful execution of client onboarding and other client projects:
- Effectively manages expenses such as headcount expenses, service delivery scope, and change control, to meet budget
- Timesheet approval and accuracy (weekly)
- Accurate monitoring and tracking of billing/invoicing
- Continuous Improvement: Ensure effective delivery, service improvement and cost reduction
- Develop recommendations to reduce delivery costs and/or improve service levels especially relative the use of CW to improve processes and workflows
- Coordinate with NOC team to help identify Recurring Issue or Global Issues that could be prevented with Automation
- Ensure adherence to CompassMSP and customer policies and standards
Key Performance Indicators:
- Services Gross Margin & Client Agreement Profitability
- Tickets per Endpoint
- Client Satisfaction
- Achievement of Operational SLO’s such as live answer, respond, and resolve metrics
Application of knowledge with depth in some areas and a broad range of skills:
- Business awareness
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Proven Service Delivery Management Track Record preferred
- 2-3 years job related work experience
- Facilitation skills
- Communication skills
- General IT knowledge, skills
- Time & cost management
- Conflict management
- Change management
- Quality management
- Resource & equipment management
- Proficient in, Word, Excel & Microsoft Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in a related field.
- Provide quality and performance measurements over a 2-year period with consistently high ratings.
- Minimum of 2 years in Service Delivery Management work
- The following SDM skills are prerequisites and must be demonstrated: time, cost and budget, risk, quality, resource, asset, change, and conflict or crisis management.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and supervisory skills
- Excellent customer liaison and facilitation skills
- Proficient in leading team efforts
- Strong presentation and presales skills
- Strong financial and report writing skills
- Has general IT knowledgeability to originate new projects with existing customers through understanding of customer business needs.
- Position reports to service management
- Position will have resources as direct reports on a project or team basis.